GeekWire is actively monitoring the COVID-19 virus outbreak in line with local, state and federal authorities, including that of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Our number one priority is the health and safety of all participants at GeekWire events, including attendees, sponsors, vendors and staff.
The GeekWire Awards planned for May 19 at the Museum of Pop Culture in Seattle has been postponed until July 23.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily and make updates based on new information. As the situation evolves, we will follow recommended measures from officials at the King County and Washington State Health Departments.
The CDC’s standard recommendations for the general public to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 are as follows:
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Informational resources include:
Washington Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline 1-800-525-0127
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com