Meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Browse for local tech events, or search by date or keyword. Submit your event below for consideration for the GeekWire Calendar. Look for highlights from the GeekWire Calendar each week on GeekWire, and check out GeekWire's own unique series of signature tech events in the Seattle region.
- This event has passed.
From Startup to Enterprise: Keys to Scale with Design
January 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The best brands in the world – organizations like Amazon, Starbucks, IBM, and McKinsey– have embraced design as a critical component of corporate strategy. They apply agile design methodologies not just to develop products, but also to boost engineering efficiency, to decrease time to market, and to capture greater market share.
But business leaders and design leaders struggle to measure the multi-dimensional impact of design on business growth. And oftentimes, agile frameworks aren’t properly built to scale or support world-class work.
That’s why we’re bringing together top product, design, and business leaders from Seattle’s rapid growth startup environment. The goal is to connect a relevant group so we can all grow faster, together. Expect to engage in meaningful dialogue, and explore the nexus of design practice, team connectivity, and business growth.
To spark discussion, design leaders from Pivotal Labs & InVision will kickoff the event with a few lightning talks surrounding specific ways you can help your teams mature to operate like the best. After, you’ll have open networking time to discuss insights and share stories with your peers.
Here’s what this experience offers:
– new connections with digital product and design leaders in Seattle
– a peek into InVision’s latest research on how leaders mature their teams
– tactical insights on how to optimize agile workflows
– did we mention, food and drinks are provided by Pivotal Labs?
– q+a time directly with the speakers, and experts at Pivotal Labs & InVision
Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
- Mike Davidson, VP Partnerships @ InVision
- Adam Fry-Pierce, Director of Design Community @ InVision
- Salome Mortazavi, Design Manager & Design Workstream Lead @ Pivotal Labs
**COLUMBIA TOWER DRESS CODE IS SMART CASUAL. JEANS ARE ACCEPTABLE, NO SHORTS OR FLIP FLOPS.**