Meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Browse for local tech events, or search by date or keyword. Submit your event below for consideration for the GeekWire Calendar. Look for highlights from the GeekWire Calendar each week on GeekWire, and check out GeekWire's own unique series of signature tech events in the Seattle region.
- This event has passed.
Securing Your Business Workshop
February 5 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Securing Your Business workshop is designed to assist businesses to better understand and protect their business from potential security breaches. Working with businesses of all sizes for the past 14 years, we discovered many businesses are not prepared nor have the essential knowledge in protecting their business from a security breach.
What You Will Learn:
In this workshop, you will learn:
• Where your data resides and understanding it’s use
• The causes of security breach – how hackers get access to your data
• Minimizing security breach and the steps in protecting your business
• Backup/recovery options and understanding best methods in protecting our data
• Protecting your business and ensuring business continuity – why is this important?
Who benefits from this Workshop:
All levels of management and decision makers involved with:
• The daily planning of your business
• Making sure your business meets industry compliance standards
• Knowing which key people in your organization is responsible for the success of your daily IT
• Understanding that everyone in the company recognize potential security threats to your
business and protecting your investment.
• CIO’s, CTO’s, VP of IT, Director of IT, IT Managers all need to be involved
From the completion of this workshop, you will have:
• The understanding of how to protect your business and minimize the potential threats of a
• Knowing that everyone is involved with keeping your business secure
• The understanding of how to keep up with technology changes and keeping your business
competitive in today’s market.