Meetups, conferences, startup events, and geeky gatherings in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. Browse for local tech events, or search by date or keyword. Submit your event below for consideration for the GeekWire Calendar. Look for highlights from the GeekWire Calendar each week on GeekWire, and check out GeekWire's own unique series of signature tech events in the Seattle region.
- This event has passed.
PuPPy Programming Night
12/14/2017 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Come to work on your Python project, join a project, discuss Python-things, get help or give help. Bring hardware, software or anything that you’re enjoying working on.
Please sign in at the front desk when you arrive and then come join us in the 2nd Floor coworking space. We ask that attendees show up no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the meetup to allow Galvanize time to fully prepare for our event.
See you there!
Wondering where to begin?
• Check out our Learning Python Resources (http://www.pugetsoundpython.com/about-us/recommended-python-resources) page!
A few quick ideas to start off:
• Learn Python (https://teamtreehouse.com/tracks/learn-python) — Treehouse
• Introduction to Python (http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python) — Codecademy
• Programming Foundations with Python (https://www.udacity.com/courses/ud036) — Udacity
• Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python (https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-computer-science-mitx-6-00-1x-0) — MITx class on edx.org
• RealPython Course (https://realpython.com/) — an awesome course that takes you from a beginner in Python to having a great foundation as a full-stack python dev (use promo code ‘50OFF4FB’ to get 50% off)
• Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython1/) — from Rice University via Coursera
Connect with us!
We’re growing a Puget Sound Programming Python (PuPPy) Slack community! Slack is a wonderful, fun communication tool (https://pugetsoundpython.slack.com/is) for teams, and we’d love for you to be a part of ours.
Becoming part of our Slack community will allow you to:
• Introduce yourself and communicate with fellow members
• Ask questions of the community or help out others
• Create focus groups for shared study goals, open source projects, etc.
• Communicate directly with PuPPy organizers
Join us at http://pugetsoundpython-slack.herokuapp.com/
A word from our host:
Galvanize is an education company that blends the lines between learning and working. We believe in creating easy access for anyone who has the drive and determination to jump into the tech world, especially in entrepreneurship, engineering, and data science. Our campuses are home to students, startups, investors, mentors, and other people who are engaged and excited to level up their skills. To learn more about Galvanize, visit galvanize.com (http://galvanize.com/).