|Company Name||Mixpo (view profile)|
As Mixpo’s VP of Software Development, you will be responsible for evolving our robust, next-gen video advertising platform. Being intensely passionate about delivering awesome cloud-based software experiences is a great start. Experience is key though…so you’ll need a track record of success leading high performance engineering teams and creating a culture that fosters innovation and creativity while simultaneously embracing dependable execution.
You should be particularly passionate about great UI/UX and must have the technical chops to be hands-on in any area of the product development lifecycle: design, development, or sustained engineering. You will report directly to our CEO, but will partner closely with other technology leaders including our SVP of Data Sciences & Systems and VP of Core Systems.
The recipe for success in this role is to gather input from the market and our internal client-facing teams on what’s important, and motivate your engineering team to continue to deliver technology solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations.
• Lead and expand a high-performance team of 10-15 people to rapidly iterate and improve on our existing platform.
• Fuel a passion within the team for designing and building new innovative products/features that delight customers.
• Manage the release cycles closely to ensure continuing progress and consistent delivery of high quality software features.
• Aim for excellence, communicate effectively, and encourage a performance-driven and agile culture.
• Inspire fun and lead with integrity (these traits are a given in our culture and should come naturally).
• Provide coaching and mentoring to all team members and keep a continual focus on making others around you great.
• Create an effective communication pipeline between the engineering team and other internal business owners and stakeholders.
• 12+ years of progressive product development experience, including 7+ years leading engineering teams (preferably in cloud-based technology environments).
• Highly entrepreneurial, self-starter.
• Skilled at defining objectives and making consistent progress toward deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
• Broad technical expertise (and the willingness/excitement to share) that will inspire engineers and encourage creative, collaborative problem solving.
• Demonstrated maturity, sound judgment, decision-making, and analytical skills.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science (MS or advanced technical degree preferred).
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Online advertising technology experience preferred, but not required.
Compensation: Competitive full-time salary, bonus, benefits (health, 401k), stock options.
This is a cool opportunity to join the leadership team of a fun, fast-growing technology company in Seattle. If you are as excited as we are about our potential, and have the skills and experience to help shape the next phase of our growth journey, we would love to talk.