|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Tier-4 Engineer in Sustaining Engineering your responsibility is to analyze and diagnose issues escalated from User Support to Sustaining Engineering. You will perform an initial review and investigation of these issues, including verifying they are indeed product issues and not configuration or user-error issues. You will perform root cause analysis, determine areas of interest in the product logs, and narrow the focus of the investigation. You will also develop and maintain utilities to facilitate and improve investigations.
You will work with other members of the Sustaining Engineering team by assisting them with reproducing issues, isolating problems and understanding how customers have deployed and used the software. You will look for broader patterns and provide feedback on areas of potential improvement.
If you love mysteries and puzzles and want to be part of an elite bug-bashing team, this is your opportunity to help us build one of the most exciting companies in the software industry. Come join us.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Qualify incoming bugs as true bugs, not user error or an issue with another software product, environment, etc.
• Work directly with Support Engineers, Sales Consultants, and customers to resolve complex issues and provide technical action plans.
• Analyze product log files, crash dumps, network traces, etc. to provide root cause analysis.
• Streamline and clarify active issues by associating bugs with existing bugs, finding duplicate issues, helping uphold proper reporting/escalation/closure processes for customer issues.
• Create and maintain utilities and documentation, and participate in internal communications to answer questions from the Support team, including tracking those questions to ensure they are answered in a timely fashion
Who you are…
• Strong product knowledge, or ability to gain such knowledge quickly.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to break down large, complex issues into manageable components.
• Understanding of web server applications and architecture.
• Understanding of database systems architecture.
• Experience providing technical support/escalation support a plus.
• BSCS or equivalent work experience
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=498
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com