- Assists the technology staff with the development and maintenance of ESPN.com and ESPN mobile applications from the ESPN.com front page to real-time automated pages to fantasy games to video.
- Collaborates and coordinates projects between software engineering, design, editorial, and sales groups.
- Develops interfaces to content management systems.
- Is responsible for the development and enhancement of editorial and web publishing tools Assists in the technical analysis and evaluation of new technologies, products, and product enhancements.
- Identifies areas for site improvement, adding features and functionalities where appropriate to augment the fan experience.
- Mentors fellow developers in the technical development of features for the website.
- Leads the development of assigned projects and tasks.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience working with a structured programming language (Java, C/C++, ASP, JSP, PHP, etc.) and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously, requiring detailed analysis, creative/practical problem solving, and sound judgment.
- Ability to self-motivate while operating effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment. Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for sports!
- Experience writing technical specs and driving them through development.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related technology field.
Please visit our Career Site to apply: WWW.ESPNCAREERS.COM