|Company Name||DreamBox Learning (view profile)|
We’ve created a large scale web service using modern web technologies to deliver a true adaptive learning experience for students that is as effective as it is engaging.
As a Sr. Software Engineer (Server-Side) you will be a member of an agile team designing, implementing, and operating services which support our client-server lesson delivery system and related data analysis, aggregation, and reporting systems.
Our team of experienced software engineers and creative designers, marketers, and educators are a passionate bunch! Together, we are building a company committed to radically changing education in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, integrity and fun.
We're looking for employees with the following skills:
• Passion for solving hard problems related to machine learning, knowledge modeling, and education.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Eagerness to work in a collaborative, team-oriented, fast-paced, start-up environment.
• Experience with NoSQL technologies is a +.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails is a +
• Experience designing, implementing, and support cloud-based applications is also a +.
• BS/MS in computer science or related field
• 8+ years experience professional programming experience.
• Extensive experience with engineering and shipping web-based software products.
• First hand and current experience developing using the Model-View-Controller pattern.
DreamBox Learning is a well-funded, early-stage, start up committed to hiring a diverse work team.