|Company Name||RootMetrics (view profile)|
Founded in 2009 in Bellevue Washington by software and wireless industry veterans, RootMetrics collects and analyzes data from a high (and growing) number of mobile devices. Our audacious goal is to fundamentally change the way wireless services are bought and sold by inserting a new selection criterion: the RootScore. RootMetrics offers a competitive salary and benefits package, stock options, and much more.
• Responsible for building scalable data platform using Open Source technologies that collects wireless carrier metrics from a crowd of mobile devices.
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, storage processes, and serving.
• Develop required tools to manage and monitor this data platform on a day-to-day basis.
Education and Experience
• B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering, Master's degree is preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in computer programming, with emphasis on Linux-based distributed systems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong proficiency in NOSQL (MongoDB) or MySQL, with good understanding of schema design
• Experience designing Restful data web services
• Programming skills: Python, C/C++ (deep Java is acceptable as well)
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Preference for work in a dynamic and high-pressure environment, with strong emphasis on ownership and responsibility.
• Comfortable with administering Linux-based servers.
• Experience with Nagios or other server monitoring tools.
• Experience with Cloud infrastructure and/or development
• Understanding of how data architecture will behave in real world scenarios
• Experience with geographic data dispersement