|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
Working in an agile (Scrum) based team the candidate will contribute as an individual and as a team member. Delivering business value with every iteration, the Sr Software Developer will work with the rest of the Internal Systems team to enhance and support the internal system applications that are the foundation for Avalara SaaS order management and back office integration functions. The successful candidate will help lead the development of these applications and drive the evolution of scalable order processing within the organization. This position requires flexibility to help move a strategic vision forward while ensuring immediate business continuity.
• Innovate and evolve existing applications
• Work with core engineering and technical operations teams to evolve the shared services and ensure cross product compatibility
• Implement features with high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, maintainable code
• Develop a “big picture” understanding of the customer use cases and detailed business requirements for which the software provides solutions
1. Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
2. 6+ years of designing and building successful web-based software applications and solutions
3. Expertise in object-oriented programming
4. Experience with Visual Studio, .NET framework, C# as well as Java and Open Source technologies
5. Experience with software builds and packaging
6. Experience with MS SQL Server and database-backed web applications, non-relational databases a plus
8. Excellent problem solving skills, must be able to think "outside the box"
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
11. Self-motivated, passionate, and hard working with the ability to perform at a fast pace with minimal supervision
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.