|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
You will work on all aspects of the development systems infrastructure and tools needed to generate a world-class software product.
The ideal candidate for this role is fascinated by the idea of discovering and contributing to the processes that go into the creation of commercial-grade software products that are used by millions of people around the world. You are a software engineer with a solid understanding of the infrastructure who enjoys working closely with the development and corporate IT departments to create and maintain systems and tools that are intrinsic to the development process. You love to find and understand the root cause of challenging technical problems by creating innovative and robust solutions. You actively look for ways to automate and simplify complex processes, function well in a fast-paced environment, and take pride in being meticulous and thorough. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Implement, support and maintain development systems used for build monitoring, code reviews, bug tracking, automated build/test reporting, etc.
• Investigate operational errors and troubleshoot problems reported by development team members.
• Evaluate new versions of existing software tools, propose and implement process improvements to make most effective use of those systems from a development perspective.
• Work closely with development and corporate IT to define, manage and implement standards for images, resources, process and systems that are a critical part of our development process.
• Engage in general tool development to support the product engineering teams.
Who you are…
• Problem Solver. You love trouble-shooting software problems and have a strong tendency towards automating and streamlining processes.
• Domain. You have a solid understanding of software engineering practices, infrastructure and systems.
• Highly Technical. Programming experience in one or more languages (preferably C++) and demonstrated expertise with scripting languages such as Perl, Python and Ruby.
• Educated. You have a BSCS or equivalent experience.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.