|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
In this position, you will be a member of a small team of dedicated software engineers focused on testing the core software of a next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
• Performing white-box component testing with a focus on database interactions and query generation
• Analyzing source code to understand areas of risk and complexity to provide optimal test coverage
• Using tools like code coverage, static code analysis and others to drive quality
• Helping drive a Test Culture across the entire company
Who you are…
• Testing Guru. A love of testing software and a desire to break things. Ability to read and readily understand source code written by others and to quickly analyze product log files, crash dumps, network traces, etc.
• Investigator. You love to get to the root of the problem! Debugging and uncovering problems in complex software systems comes second nature to you.
• A True Team Player. Collaboration leads to great results. You want to work with others who will make you a better Tester, and vice versa!
• Experienced. Experience with SQL-92 and SQL-99 and strong knowledge of relational databases and data warehousing a plus. Experience testing on Windows platforms, with experience testing on multiple platforms including Linux preferred. Strong knowledge of development and test tools, in particular cppunit, bullseye, and other code metrics tools. Ability to read and readily understand source code written by others and to quickly analyze product log files, crash dumps, network traces, etc.
• Educated. BSCS or equivalent work experience. Knowledge of Windows technologies and application Experience with a variety of test tools and frameworks. Knowledge of enterprise network level infrastructure (firewalls, proxies, routing, VPN). Excellent understanding of languages such as C++ and Python.
To apply, please visit:
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com