|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Software Engineer in Sustaining Engineering you investigate and resolve escalated product issues on a next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite. In this position, you work with high-profile customers and accounts on issues that are important to their business and to ours. You also work with Product Development, providing customer feedback and working on bug fixes and product enhancements. If you are the ideal candidate, your eyes light up at the thought of debugging and fixing challenging technical issues on a variety of products and technologies. If you love mysteries and puzzles and want to be part of an elite bug-bashing team, this is your opportunity to help us build one of the most exciting companies in the software industry.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
• Investigate and resolve customer-identified defects, product issues, installation and configuration issues with Tableau products.
• Work directly with Support Engineers, Sales Consultants, Software Engineers and customers to resolve complex issues, provide technical action plans, or take ownership of the most difficult cases.
• Replicate, debug, and fix product issues in various environments, working with product developers as needed.
• Analyze product log files, crash dumps, network traces, etc.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of products and develop product improvements
Who you are…
• Investigator. You love to get to the root of the problem! Debugging and uncovering problems in complex software systems comes second nature to you.
• Design-Oriented. Designing test frameworks and tools in a sustainable, manageable way with solid object-oriented design practices and an eye to the future. You want to write production-quality code, with supporting tests.
• A True Team Player. Collaboration leads to great results. You want to work with others who will make you a better Developer, and vice versa!
• Educated. BSCS or equivalent work experience
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=488
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com