|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
You’ll be expanding and enhancing the data handling capabilities of Tableau’s analytical product suite. You’re a “data geek” that has a deep passion for data and building robust, scalable and high-performance systems for working with large, diverse sets of data and allowing people to answer complex questions about that data. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Working on a system that speaks natively to dozens of database platforms, enabling individual users and enterprises to rapidly explore their data and author insightful visualizations.
• Extending this system to handle an ever more diverse set of data sources, including API-based web data sources and NoSQL systems such as Hadoop.
• Leveraging your creativity and your technical prowess to satisfy customers and extend their ability to see, understand, and “reach out and touch” their data in whatever form it happens to be in.
Who you are…
• Data Rock Star. You love data and you’re not afraid to say it! You’re a guru in all things data: relational databases, data warehousing, OLEDB and/or ODBC, etc.
• Experienced. You have at least three years of experience writing code and have a passion for solving complex problems, be they at work or in your spare time on your own projects.
• Highly Technical. You have solid development skills with SQL and C++ on the Windows platform – it is a bonus if you also are familiar with MDX.
• Relentlessly High Standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products. You understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people. You love writing things that “just work” – things that are robust, scalable, and that perform well.
• A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
We are hiring for this position in our Seattle, WA; Kirkland, WA; Austin, TX; and Menlo Park, CA locations.
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.