|Company Name||PayScale (view profile)|
We want a talented software engineer / developer to develop innovative features and applications for our consumer facing web site.
We are passionate about software development, believe in software as a service and want to get our features out to our users quickly and frequently. Please apply if you are passionate about presenting complex data in simple ways, enjoy writing code and solving problems, and want to build. Your software will be used by a worldwide audience of millions. Recently focused on our B2B products, we are currently investing in a significant redesign and update of the consumer user experience at http://www.payscale.com.
Our platform: We have an engine that classifies profiles. We have a search engine and inverted index on billions of data points. We can compute how much people should be paid in N-dimensional space.
What you will be responsible for:
Web Site Development:
• You will design, develop and maintain applications on Payscale.com's consumer facing website
• You will work in a small agile team to develop, schedule and release your work
• You will leverage our large scale compensation model and deep data analytics to help people understand and maximize their value in the workplace
• You will maintain, enhance and re-engineer existing infrastructure
• You will ensure high performance and increasing scalability
• Work experience with a consumer-facing Internet company
• Strong coding and debugging skills in an object oriented language like C#/Java
• Development experience with Web Application Servers: ASP.NET/JSP/Ruby on Rails
• SQL and Relational Databases
• Good grasp of Web fundamentals
• 3-4 years’ experience
• Solid background in
• Web Services/WCF
• Amazon Web Services
• Startup experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
Our offices are in Pioneer Square, Seattle. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com with "Software Engineer at PayScale" as the subject, along with a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in PayScale.