|Company Name||Hulu (view profile)|
We are looking for senior software engineers with team leadership experience to join our team and help bring these kinds of services to life. There is no shortage of tough, non-trivial challenges facing Hulu as we work to change the way that television is viewed online. This role requires a balance of top-notch software development skills – from code to design to large system architecture – and the proven ability to lead a team of engineers towards high quality product delivery.
• Architect, design, and build high-capacity, large-scale services, tools, or client applications.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
• Own the operations for your team’s services and platforms to ensure stability and uptime.
• Provide technical and organizational leadership for your team, and mentor new recruits.
• Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
• Drive innovation within your problem space by keeping abreast of needs, industry trends, and by enabling your team to explore novel solutions.
• Support your team’s efforts in improving engineering excellence through test-oriented development, continuous integration, and fail-safe design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
• A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
• At least four years of relevant software engineering experience, including exposure to a full software development lifecycle.
• Expertise with at least one major database system (MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle); exposure to data store scalability using relational or NoSQL approaches.
• Significant experience building large-scale software for the web, for line-of-business applications, or equivalent.
• At least a year of experience leading teams of software developers.
• Curiosity for understanding and hacking complex systems.
If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, please introduce yourself through our online application process! We have high expectations of every member on our team, and we believe this standard helps us deliver an experience that's been called 'brain-spray awesome' for our consumers.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.