|Company Name||Booking.com (view profile)|
At Booking.com we believe that a good developer is a good developer no matter what technology is involved – so even if the target technology is Perl, we do not require Perl experience to apply – only a capacity and willingness to learn it, superior craftsmanship and business orientation.
As a Software Developer, you are responsible for the development and maintenance of our web based systems. In the position you will be required to work both independently and also be part of a team. You are an excellent communicator and have a can-do attitude.
Due to our continuing growth we are in search of 25 Perl Developers for our headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We are open to receiving CV’s from worldwide Software Developer candidates who have experience with Perl and if you don’t know Perl we will provide you on the job training to learn how to code in Perl. Are you ready to join an international, result driven, fun and dynamic work environment?
- You design and develop with colleagues new generation, secure, scalable and high performance web based systems
- Lead projects; coach and train new developers
- Collaborate with Team Leaders to schedule your technical priorities
- Answer questions regarding our current systems
- Solve problems and issues
- Act as an intermediary for complaints and problems
- Pragmatic, independent and pro-active work attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Wide demonstrable experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with Linux and Server Side Technologies/HTTP
- Minimum 4 years of experience with software development preferably in 1 or more of the following languages: PHP, Java, Python, C/C++ and/or Ruby
- Preferably University level in Math or IT
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate to the Netherlands
We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
For more information or questions, contact Ingrid Eigenraam (Recruiter) on [email protected] or +31 (0)20 715 8393.