|Company Name||Scripps Networks|
The Architect will:
· Establish & lead a team of Performance Engineers/Analysts to aide in running the ongoing Performance optimization program across Scripps Networks' digital properties based on collaboration with stakeholders and analytics team to build a prioritized plan based on metrics.
· Influence and evangelize the importance & status of Front End Performance across the Digital organization.
· Collaborate with Project teams during their optimization of Front End Performance throughout the software development lifecycle, including during planning, execution, verification/reviews, launch, and operations.
· Consult with Editorial, SEO, Design, and Product teams to ensure performance optimization during ongoing site Production/Operations.
· Research and prototype new and innovative Front End Performance techniques and tools.
· Create and distribute standards & best practices for Front End Performance to both technical and business audiences.
· Research and Implement Performance Management/Monitoring processes, tools, and metrics/KPI’s
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Expertise with mobile & web performance optimization techniques and best practices.
- Expertise creating highly scalable & fast performing web sites, web-based applications, & mobile apps.
- Expertise in mobile/web performance measurement, monitoring, and management tools & processes.
- Expertise coaching engineers in standards compliant, cross browser/device website and mobile performance optimization.
- Experience with other web/mobile related technologies such as API, REST, JSON, XML, XSLT, AJAX, Java, JSP, JAX-RS, Jersey, Apache CXF, Spring, Struts, PHP, CodeIgnitor, Node.JS, Objective C, Adobe Day CQ/Communiqué.
- Expert organization and time management skills.
- Expert oral and written communication skillS.
- Expert Interpersonal skills.
- Experience with business and management principles. involved in resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of digital media & web site production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Ability to plan, execute and evaluate prototypes.
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and geographically diverse environment.
- Ability to manage people and processes, including vendors and contractors.
- Ability to work under time constraints or to a deadline.
Educational and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field or equivalent experience and 8 years experience architecting and implementing mission critical web or mobile solutions that are fast performing, scalable, extensible and maintainable, with 3-5 years in a technical management capacity. Requires experience in launching mission critical and high visibility interactive web sites/applications as a key member of a development team.