|Company Name||talktUp (view profile)|
Here's what sets our environment apart:
• Opportunity to impact and lead our most strategic engineering initiatives.
• A fun, creative, and focused team that learns through challenges and collaboration.
• A strong compensation package, benefits, stock & bonus opportunities, etc.
• Respect for the tech, we will provide you with anything else you need for success, be it a 30 inch monitor, noise canceling headphones, refreshments, food, etc! Matt will even dress up in his pink bunny costume, always entertaining!
• We have a great office located in Bellevue, but we totally understand if you need to work remotely. We are very telecommuting friendly.
• Fast yet strategic company growth -- ground-level stock opportunity.
Some of the problems you'll solve:
• Build an ad engine that makes hundreds of millions of decisions a day
• Build an ad serving platform from the ground up
• Create an ad serving platform delivering millions of ads
• Inject hundreds of thousands of offers
• Organize and duplicate millions of business listings
• Integrate with local business and offer data sources such as Factual and Yippit
• Most importantly, help us make ads suck less!
• Be an integral part of talktUp’s shared technology team, capable of working on the various tasks necessary to improve our framework.
• Evolve and develop future technologies.
• Work as a key member of the development team to execute innovative designs
• Produce code from the ground up that utilizes cutting-edge techniques and is portable across browsers and devices
• Be involved in projects from brainstorm to delivery
• Designing and developing systems for scaling capabilities
• Design and implement core backend components for serving ads
• Help design, build and maintain APIs
• Whatever it takes!
• Incredible coding skills. Obsessive about efficient and scalable code.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Passion and desire to make an impact
• Sound object-oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
• Experience with MVC design paradigm
• Expert in PHP, Ruby on Rails and/or C#
• Experience designing and building REST APIs
• Knowledge of Erlang a plus
• Previous experience in startups is a big plus