|Company Name||Hark (view profile)|
Hark.com is the world’s largest platform for sound bites, where anyone can discover, create, play and share their favorite audio moments anywhere on any device through digital embedding, or via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar, Hark.com is ranked as the largest independent entertainment site on the Internet (comScore, 2012), making it an attractive platform for advertisers.
Join us in our downtown Seattle office just steps from the heart of Capitol Hill, where we maintain an easy going and collaborative work environment.
Our ideal teammate? Someone who is always excited to open their laptop and walk us through their latest project; someone who finds it difficult to resist talking through an interesting bug, or how to strategically add a new features. Ideally, the ideal candidate could identify a bug, fix it, add a feature and then deploy it during our meeting.
• 2+ years professional experience developing web applications operating at scale.
• You use RFCs or HTTP status codes without thinking as you develop APIs.
• Hands on experience with Ruby/Rails or equivalent framework deployed to a Linux environment.
• You are comfortable working from the command line.
• You have professional experience writing and deploying production code in multiple programming languages.
• You know the serious details of a *useful* programming language.
• You can talk intelligently about TDD/BDD/DDD/SOLID and point out design patterns in practice.
You Want / Enjoy
• Writing Ruby and working with the most up-to-date Rails version (We upgraded to Rails 3.2 the day after it was released).
• Working with a team that loves Test Driven Design and Test Driven Development.
• Working with a team that doesn't obsess over tests, or pairing but respects them.
• Quoting movies; it's kind of our thing here at Hark.
In addition to a very competitive salary (based on your experience), we also offer:
• Generous stock option plan
• Quarterly profit sharing
• Full health care (including dental and vision)
• Travel to conferences and events
Here's how you apply: