|Company Name||Socrata (view profile)|
What’s “big” right now? You’ve likely heard mobile and data. How would you like to manage product development for the world’s leader in making data available to consumers on their mobile devices?
We’re a small, lean and successful software company that is experiencing exponential growth, and we are looking for a seasoned product manager to take charge of our accelerating product pipeline and support our triple-digit sales growth.
This senior product manager will join the mission at the ground level, as our company is consolidating product management functions into one role and retooling for the next phase hyper growth. The position is based in our headquarters in Seattle.
Who Are We?
Socrata is a software platform company focused on transforming large and diverse data assets into information products that people and machines can connect with and relate to. Check out the City of Seattle’s “911 Calls” map as an example of the end-user experience we help to create. We call this new category the Intelligent Data Experience. Socrata’s innovations have their roots in data virtualization, enterprise content management and business intelligence, though we were born as a pure cloud, web 2.0 company.
Exceptional product management is pivotal in our success as we expand our ability to deliver game-changing products in a repeatable and market-disciplined way.
All About You
As product manager, you will report to the VP of marketing and guide a cross-functional team that works to increase the adoption and profitability of our existing products, as well as develop new products for the company. You will build products from existing concepts and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. And,
You will communicate with all areas of the company, working with both an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements and marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, including product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
The core responsibilities of the Senior Product Manager will include:
• Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market. research, including on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
• Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily development/engineering, and marketing communications) by defining the market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
• Spend time in the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
• Contribute significantly to the development and implementation of a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute on it.
• Analyze potential partner and ecosystem relationships for the product.
• Create and maintain product and product-line level metrics.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• True passion for our domain.
• 5+ years of success in product management, preferably in a global SaaS/cloud company.
• Determination to create remarkable products that resonate in the market.
• A blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
• An assertive, but highly cooperative, collaboration style.
• Financially savvy and strong analytical skills, as well as the social skills needed to inspire strong, opinionated, and talented people –internally and externally- to create product magic.
• Organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated; able to think independently, get feedback and move ahead, while still keeping everyone in the loop.
• Positive, high energy and excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Embodies our “customers-first” culture.
• A business degree (or equivalent experience), with computer science or engineering degree as a foundation, would be ideal.
This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
To apply please send your resume to hr at socrata.com.