|Company Name||talktUp (view profile)|
Here's what sets our environment apart:
• Opportunity to impact and lead our most strategic engineering initiatives.
• A fun, creative, and focused team that learns through challenges and collaboration.
• A strong compensation package, benefits, stock & bonus opportunities, etc.
• Respect for the tech. We will provide you with a new laptop and anything else you need for success, be it a 30 inch monitor, Bose Noise canceling headphones, refreshments, food, entertainment, etc. We’ll even dress Matt up in a bunny costume if that floats your boat!
• We have a great office located in Bellevue, but we totally understand if you need to work remotely sometimes. We are very telecommuting friendly.
• Fast yet strategic company growth -- ground-level stock opportunity.
Some of the problems you'll solve:
• Build an ad engine that makes hundreds of millions of decisions a day
• Build an ad serving platform from the ground up
• Create an ad serving platform delivering millions of ads
• Inject hundreds of thousands of offers
• Organize and duplicate millions of business listings
• Integrate with local business and offer data sources such as Factual and Yippit
• Most importantly, help us make ads suck less!
• Be an integral part of talktUp’s shared technology team, capable of working on the various tasks necessary to improve our framework.
• Evolve and develop future technologies.
• Whatever it takes
• Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
• Identify and address performance bottlenecks
• Interact with team members to incorporate innovations and vice versa
• Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
• Translate wireframes/PSDs into launch-ready, valid XHTML/CSS
• Provide level-of-effort estimates for projects and maintenance tasks
• Be the Subject Matter Expert for all front-end related work
• Incredible coding skills. Obsessive about efficient and scalable code.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Passion and desire to make an impact
• 5+ years experience coding to W3C standards with HTML(5), XHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, RSS, Flash and other related interactive technologies
• Expert HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS and XML programming skills, including "table-less" coding practices
• Experience with Version Control such as Git / GitHub / CVS / Subversion
• The ability to create clean, precise browser-compatible code and reusable code libraries
• Knowledge to turn business and user requirements into elegant user interfaces and compelling interactive experiences
• Advance skills in debugging tools and IDEs (Firebug, Fiddler, Chrome/Safari Inspectors)
• Cross-Browser and Cross-Platform Unit Testing
• Experience with data formats such as XML/JSON
• Understand mobile web standards
• Good knowledge of Photoshop for slicing, cutting and optimizing web graphics for speed and performance
• Must be able to multi-task and manage several projects at once
• Previous experience in startups is a big plus