|Company Name||thePlatform (view profile)|
As an SDET in our organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that change the way digital media is delivered to large-scale audiences. You will work closely with others in a small, cross-functional team to release Java-based services and web applications. You will also work closely with internal product engineering teams to leverage thePlatform’s core services and technologies. This position offers an opportunity to learn a broad range of new coding skills, technology, and software development process.
At thePlatform we create highly scalable, standards-based solutions, based on open source software. We have multiple small engineering teams with a track record of managing sustainably paced workloads, successfully delivering multiple project releases every quarter. We have a proven record of success with several years of pragmatic application of Agile methodologies. This position is located in our Seattle office and does not require travel.
- Work closely with Software Engineers to provide automated component and integration tests for services in a variety of customer solutions in thePlatform’s SOA infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and execute automated tests using Java, Groovy, and TestNG.
- Partner with developers to create test plans from functional specifications.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Solution Architects to define acceptance criteria for project milestones.
- Contribute tools to the QA team's test suites and testing infrastructure.
- Perform load and stress testing.
- Work closely with developers to extend developer unit tests and share test code.
- Represent QA in design, functional requirements, and code reviews.
- Take ownership for the quality of the product that is shipped.
- 3-5 years experience in testing or development of server-side components, including system integration testing.
- Solid Java testing experience with JUnit or TestNG. C# or NUnit experience will be considered.
- Strong QA skills: planning, bug isolation, bug report writing, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to automate complex test cases.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate.
- Experience designing and running web stress and load tests.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: e-commerce applications, streaming media, MySql, RESTful services, Java EE, modern scripting languages.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At thePlatform, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard – but no one plays as hard as our very own thePlatform soccer team! We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados who embody our city’s coffee culture – not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at thePlatform headquarters in Seattle, WA. thePlatform offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable, internet and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company’s association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits. http://theplatform.com/about/careers/
TO APPLY: http://theplatform.com/about/careers/?gnk=apply&gni=8a42a12b3d112ead013d1d4cb4477206&gns=geekwire
Like us on Facebook! We’re cool! http://www.facebook.com/theplatform.people