|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
In this position, you will work on all aspects of the product release process and the associated tools and processes needed to generate a state of the art commercial product suite.
Ideally, you have expert knowledge of automated build processes, change management and product release. You love challenging technical problems and you solve those problems by creating innovative and robust solutions. You actively look for ways to automate and simplify complex processes, think ahead to future needs as well as present, take pride in being thorough and detail-oriented, and function well in a fast-paced environment. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Set up, plan, schedule, and track operation of automated build/test/release processes and the associated environment.
• Manage running of daily, weekly, and milestone builds.
• Process release candidate builds and publish release reports.
• Analyze test failures, determine cause and impact and notify interested parties (includes first-line diagnosis of database and third-party tool problems).
• Monitor and update build status website to show current status.
• Create new product branches as needed for release and parallel development.
• Generate copyright registration reports for released products.
• Work to simplify and improve existing development release processes, designing and implementing new processes and tools as appropriate.
• Participate in the build and regression system strategy and roadmap.
Who you are…
• Experienced. 10+ years experience in release engineering and/or configuration management. Solid experience with build and release processes in a multiple product, parallel development environment. BSCS or equivalent experience. Experience with both packaged and hosted software products.
• Highly Technical. Knowledge of build management tools such as ANT, Cruise Control, etc., and scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby. Familiarity with Perforce source control product.
• Detail oriented. A strong tendency towards automating and streamlining processes and an almost over-zealous attention to detail.
• A True Team Player. You are willing to work occasional off hours to support release and deployment schedules.
• Results-oriented. You love the doing and the process but you are all about results.
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=EF44FCFF97CD36ED5DF5F8CC579D391F.NA11_primary_jvm?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=647
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com