|Company Name||NetMotion Wireless|
The Quick Fix Engineering QA position is external facing – you will be responding to escalations into the development organization from technical support and systems engineers. Additionally, you will be working directly with all product development teams to test and release critical fixes for customers. There is a strong collaborative working relationship between managers, program managers, developers and QA engineers as partners with the Quick Fix Engineering team in the delivery of a quality product. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to interact with cutting edge technologies.
We’ve got a great location next to the Ship Canal in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, and offer a great benefits package including transportation assistance and generous time off.
NetMotion Wireless develops software to manage and secure wireless data deployments for organizations with mobile field workers. Our products address the unique challenges introduced by the use of wireless, enabling our customers to maximize their return on investment in workforce automation. Mobility XE, our mobile VPN, maximizes mobile field worker productivity by maintaining and securing their data connections as they move in and out of wireless coverage areas and roam between networks. Locality, our cellular network performance management product gives organizations the insight and visibility needed to optimize their mobile data deployments.
More than 2,000 of the world’s most respected organizations across multiple industries including utilities, healthcare, telecommunications, public safety, government, insurance, manufacturing, and many others use our products. We have been recognized as one of The 50 Fastest Growing Wireless Companies in the country and have earned over 25 industry awards for outstanding technology.
The Culture and Work Environment
In this position you will be working with very talented colleagues who have a passion for and a background in developing superior technical products. We value people enjoying the work that they do, allowing them to develop personally and professionally in the process. Employees appreciate working in a smaller company while having a large, personal impact on our growth. In addition, we have a collaborative, unpretentious and respectful environment where everyone pitches in and nobody is too big to do the work that has to get done. We value diversity in our work teams and are committed to equal opportunity and providing an equitable workplace.
- Work effectively with product development teams, including developers, QA, support and technical writers
- Test and validation of client-server applications running over wired and wireless networks on Windows, Android, and/or iPhone platforms
- Use sound scientific methodologies in testing of deliverables
- Carefully track and document inbound activity requests
- Document any needed QA test plans and test cases
- Script and tools development work as needed
- Ensure all deliverables meet our high standards of quality
- Advocate for product quality and elevate issues when appropriate
- Additional duties as required
Test Engineers at NetMotion are all experienced engineers who have shipped multiple products and have a dedication to and a track record of producing high quality features and products. To do well in this role, you will have:
- Three or more years software testing experience (as a QA Engineer, Software Test Engineer, Sustaining Engineer or SDET) on a client/server or networking-related product
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Scripting and programming knowledge required - preferably in Java, C#, or Perl
- A strong foundation in general networking concepts and protocols
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows based servers and clients, including installation and configuration
- Configuration and troubleshooting experience with VPN’s, firewalls, NATs, routers, gateways and networking servers preferred
- Mobile client (Android/iPhone/other smart phone/device) - testing experience preferred
- Experience with MySQL Databases a plus
- Experience with VMWare or Hyper-V a plus
NetMotion Wireless values diversity in its work teams and is committed to equal opportunity.
Click here to apply.