|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
A successful QA Engineer on the Desktop team will have general computer software knowledge, some experience in software testing or equivalent educational background, a strong desire to develop their skills in the area of software quality assurance and a desire to be a part of an unparalleled team.
In this position, you will be a key part of the quality assurance team for our next-generation Visual Analytics and Collaboration suite. As an active contributor in a collaborative team environment, and possessing a passion about the quality of our products and our culture, you will provide quality advocacy, planning, implementation, testing and validation, and quality reporting. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Work closely with your peers as well as development staff to resolve issues during test cycles, product maintenance and release to ensure product quality
• Act as QA representative on project teams to ensure delivery of a quality product
• Develop product test plans and test scripts
• Perform integration, functionality, system, regression, load and acceptance testing using manual methods and testing tools
• Coordinate appropriate test environments and perform business and functional requirements verification
• Monitor project compliance to standards and guidelines
• Record all test results, and completely document defects and system errors
Who you are…
• Experienced. 2 - 5 years testing experience in a Microsoft Windows environment. Desired skills include experience with relational databases, SQL, OLAP cubes and MDX. Mathematics, Statistics or Data Analysis experience a plus.
• Domain. Thorough understanding of software test methods and execution. Also a thorough understanding of regression, integration, and usability testing techniques.
• Go-Getter. Aptitude to excel in assigned tasks, learn new technologies and become the team “expert”.
• Problem Solver. Ability to adapt to change and apply creative problem solving skills to unforeseen challenges.
• Service Minded. Experience with client side application testing and user interface testing is a plus.
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=709
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com