|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
In this position, you will oversee program management for one or more Tableau products. As a Feature Program Manager Lead, you will shepherd the functional areas for the product you are responsible for. You will hire, grow and lead a team of Program Managers responsible for several areas of the Tableau product line. As part of that role you will have a leadership role through Strategy definition, product planning, execution and evangelization of the product that you have responsibility for. You will work with your peers in other disciplines to define plans and coordinate delivery of various projects for current release updates as well as future releases. As a result you are at the heart of the development action every day.
You are a proven leader and a mentor. Your analytical approach to solving problems and your collaboration style are your biggest assets to drive your team to successful delivery of their projects. You know how to communicate well with everyday project members, occasional participants, and sponsors. You see the success of your PM team’s project as your success.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Responsible for program management for one or more products.
• Responsible for building and growing a team of 3 to 5 Feature PM.
• Driving Product planning, project definition and ensure cross-functional coordination (developers, testers, designers, management) toward successful delivery of the engineering projects.
• Is an advocate of the product, responsible to drive evangelization of the product to external customer facing events
• Oversee that all projects execute smoothly and effectively, recommend process improvement to increase engineering team efficiency and velocity
Who you are…
• Experienced. 10 or more years of experience in the software industry. 3 or more years of experience leading a program or product management team in the software industry. Experience using or building Business Intelligence software is a plus
• Builder. Experience with building and leading a small Program management team
• Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong leader and motivator of people.
• Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
• Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.