|Company Name||DataSphere Technologies (view profile)|
In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing DataSphere’s hyperlocal marketing programs, including playing a pivotal role in launching entirely new lines of businesses ($10M+ in annual revenue). This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneur with excellent project management skills who is interested in creating businesses aimed at capturing a large share of the $15 billion online local advertising market.
You will drive online demand for DataSphere products and services through online and offline marketing channels, including search engine marketing, banner retargeting, etc.
Your responsibilities will be broad and business-critical, with specific results showcasing the progress you’ve made. You will be backed by a determined and supportive cross-functional team. You will work closely with sales, business development, product management, and engineering as well as your marketing peers.
What you’ll do:
• Business Management
o Develop strategies to grow sales of new and existing products. You will be the primary owner of these products, with clear goals and objectives
o Set metrics, track results, and share key learnings with internal stakeholders
o Experiment, learn and rollout of new business approaches
o Determine key success factors by analyzing past performance and executing new experiments
• Online Demand Generation
o Increase customer base through various online and offline marketing channels, including search engine marketing, display banner retargeting, affiliate marketing, etc.
• Product Marketing
o Create and launch of new online marketing products to increase revenues and support DataSphere media partners
o Develop packaging and pricing of existing advertising inventory
• Results-orientation. Demonstrated track record of working cross-functionally to deliver meaningful revenue results. Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Self-starter mentality and ability to cut through ambiguity and drive to specific and effective actions
• Practical business instincts. Ability to weigh different options and choose a path without complete data. Skill in prioritizing based on what is likely to best drive business outcomes. Lean thinking about what does and does not add value to the customer.
• Analytical savvy. Intuition and smarts. Able to simplify complex situations through frameworks and other logical shortcuts. Good excel skills (pivot tables, merging data sources), inherent curiosity about data and ability to present concisely.
• Go-to-market understanding. Capability to deliver better online marketing and sales performance, ideally with subscription businesses.
• Desire to lead. Passion for guiding others to collective success more than personal achievement. Ability to influence without direct authority.
A Successful Candidate Will Have:
• 5+ years of experience, preferably with growth-oriented new businesses
• Good analytical skills (comfortable using Excel pivot tables, charting, etc.)
• Demonstrated track record of delivering meaningful bottom line results
• The ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Capability to synthesize many data points into a coherent actionable strategy
• A self-starter mentality and the tenacity and patience to achieve results
• A natural capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ideally, familiarity with online marketing and online services
• Ideally, understanding of key sales processes (prospecting, pipelines, conversion, ROI) and experience with sales teams
• Bachelor’s degree. MBA strongly preferred.
Be part of an awesome team of people and contribute to an environment focused on continuous innovation, employee ownership and work life balance. If you love a challenge, want to create huge impact, share our 'work hard/play hard' culture, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence, apply for a position with us today! Please apply at http://datasphere.com/careers-datasphere.
DataSphere (www.datasphere.com) is one of the fastest-growing digital marketing companies in the US. The company helps local businesses raise their visibility, convert more customers, and sell more to existing customers. DataSphere technologies and custom marketing packages include exclusive association with leading local media brands, the Web’s largest local coupon network, custom video ads, mobile marketing, email campaigns and more. DataSphere’s platform also offers content and sales solutions to major media companies such as Gannett, Fisher Communications, Raycom, and Meredith, helping them create and monetize services for small business advertisers.