|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland, WA|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our products and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing …
As a Product Manager, Technology Partners you will be charted with developing unique relationships between Tableau development and select partners. Your team will identify, target, nurture, and manage the on-going relationship with a group of top tier partners where Tableau will make specific development investments. The primary goal of your group will be to facilitate joint solutions between Tableau and these partners. The Product Management Technology Partners team will be the point group on identifying opportunities and initiating our projects. Your team will be backed by program managers and engineering staff to build capabilities and solutions into our products.
You will be part bizdev, part technologist, part business and market analyst, and one hundred percent evangelist. Painting the vision for joint solutions with prospective partners, writing project scope documents to define capabilities, educating the partner and Tableau teams on the opportunity and resulting solutions, and evangelizing heavily within the partner organization are activities you will regularly embark on. You and your team will interact with Product Marketing, Channel Sales, and our Direct Sales organization, as well as services and support to educate our internal teams on the joint solutions.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Build the relationship with select partner technology, marketing, and sales organizations.
• Identifying technology partners where joint or custom development projects would lead to significant value (revenue, leads, or market awareness) for both organizations
• Initiating and monitoring internal development projects to deliver compelling product capabilities
• Educating internal and partner sales organizations on the use of and benefits of Tableau. This will include travel to conferences and partner locations to represent Tableau.
• Be the partner advocate and liaison for the Tableau development organization
Who you are …
• Experienced. You have 6+years of product management experience at a commercial software company. You have a proven track record of success in partner focused activities.
• Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
• Fascinated by data and technology. You are data driven, an eager adopter of technology who is able to see the big picture value of analytics driven solutions.
• Evangelical. Possessing a high dose of common sense and impeccable communication skills you are comfortable in discussions with engineers and CEO’s alike. You’re a highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management and be a world-class advocate for Tableau’s technologies.
• Entrepreneurial. You’ve worked with start-ups and emerging organizations. You understand how to build and grow a successful business.
• Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – yet have the energy and drive to bring projects to completion.
• A True Team Player. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results from your own team and those around you.
To apply, please visit: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=917
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.