|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As Product Manager, you will be an internal and external evangelist for Tableau’s products. You will participate in defining the product vision and capabilities and will work directly with Sales, prospects, customers and partners to understand the market needs and use cases. You will gather and prioritize product requirements, working closely with the Engineering team to define product release requirements to deliver winning products. You will communicate cross-departmentally, working with Sales and Support organizations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met and with Marketing to define the go-to-market messages and strategy by helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
This position is focused on core Enterprise capabilities including scalability & performance, availability, manageability, deployment, and security. You will be the champion of our enterprise capabilities working with our largest customers with the most demanding requirements.
You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy – moving easily from big-picture vision discussions to being able to articulate product architecture to developers and customers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Help define the product strategy and roadmap for Tableau’s Enterprise capabilities
• Deliver vision and requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
• Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
• Review and provide detailed feedback on documentation and test plans for features
• Collaborate with product marketing on positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies
• Perform competitive analysis and value proposition differentiation
• Participate with strategic customers as a Tableau trusted advisor to ensure their success, manage escalations, requirements analysis and product planning activities
• Present Tableau product capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmap briefings to customers, prospects, the Tableau sales team, and at other public events
Who you are…
• Experienced. 5+ years experience in commercial software product management.
• Highly Technical. Deep technical knowledge of enterprise systems for high availability, security, clustering, manageability, and load testing. Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, mySQL and other emerging data sources.
• Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
• Analytical and Curious. You love understanding data, patterns and trends. Numbers are your friends. You can dig into the details but always see the big picture.
• Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out of the box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether that’s analyzing data or writing a customer story.
• Strategic, Creative Thinker. You understand industry and customer trends and can relate those trends to product capabilities to create compelling messaging.
• BA/BS degree; MBA preferred.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.