|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
|Location||Seattle or Kirkland|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As Product Manager, you will be an internal and external evangelist for Tableau’s products. You will participate in defining the product vision and capabilities and will work directly with Sales, prospects, customers and partners to understand the market needs and use cases. You will gather and prioritize product requirements and product feedback, working closely with the Engineering team to define product release requirements to deliver winning products. You will communicate cross-departmentally, working with Sales and Support organizations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met and with Marketing to define the go-to-market messages and strategy by helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers.
This position is focused on defining, managing, and enhancing our customer programs. This includes running the beta programs, gathering product feedback, engaging with key customers, participating in forums, managing event participation and delivering core product content. Essentially, you are the voice of the customer within engineering ensuring that the development team builds the best possible product to help our customers be successful.
You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy – moving easily from big-picture vision discussions to being able to articulate product architecture to developers and customers.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Help define, manage and execute beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
• Gather product feedback from customers and partners and help manage enhancement requests
• Work with program managers and developers to gather feedback on key investment areas
• Deliver vision and requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
• Collaborate with product marketing on positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies
• Perform competitive analysis and value proposition differentiation
• Participate with strategic customers as a Tableau trusted advisor to ensure their success, manage escalations, requirements analysis and product planning activities
• Present Tableau product capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmap briefings to customers, prospects, the Tableau sales team, and at other public events
Who you are…
• Experienced. 3+ years experience in commercial software product management. Familiarity with database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop, mySQL and other emerging data sources. Experienced analyzing data hands-on and using analytic software products.
• Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
• Analytical and Curious. You love understanding data, patterns and trends. Numbers are your friends. You can dig into the details but always see the big picture.
• Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out of the box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether that’s analyzing data or writing a customer story.
• Great with Customers. You have an ability to establish great rapport with people. And you have a track record working with customers.
• Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
• BA/BS degree; MBA preferred.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.