|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
All of Avalara’s businesses come together in the Administration Console and you will be the person coordinating the show. You will be expected to make a difference and that difference will be highly visible to Avalara’s thousands of customers. So don’t settle for being a tiny cog in a big machine or waiting for customers to arrive – you can have all the benefits of a startup and an immediate impact on real customers at Avalara.
The successful candidate will be a SOA expert with experience the full software development lifecycle. Strong familiarity with agile (Scrum) methodologies is essential, along with an understanding of the challenges using agile processes to coordinate projects spanning multiple teams. The candidate will be proactive and not afraid to drive a conversation to get what’s needed.
• Innovate and evolve existing applications
• Work with core engineering and technical operations teams to evolve the shared services and ensure cross product compatibility
• Implement features with high-quality, well-documented, test-driven, robust, maintainable code
• Develop a big picture understanding of the customer use cases and detailed business requirements for which the software provides solutions
1. Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
2. 10+ years of designing and building successful web-based software applications and solutions
3. Expertise in object-oriented programming
4. Expertise in implementing SOA-based architectures
5. Experience with Visual Studio, .NET framework, C# as well as Java and Open Source technologies
7. Experience with MS SQL Server and database-backed web applications, non-relational databases a plus
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
9. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
10. Self-motivated, passionate, and hard working with the ability to perform at a fast pace with minimal supervision
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Please apply online at www.avalara.com