|Company Name||Get Schooled (view profile)|
This is a part-time position, expected to be about 20 hours/week, and is located in downtown Seattle, WA with flexibility for work location and hours.
The Developer will report to the Director of Strategy and Technology.
As with all Get Schooled contractors and employees, this person will be expected to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity. The team values lively personalities who are fun to work with.
Get Schooled seeks partners excited to work with a small, mission-driven start-up. We work in an open environment and are constantly collaborating across our small staff. We welcome humor, levity and people with passions both for our work and for their outside life.
• Development – This person will be working collaboratively with outside development firm rather than leading. Main responsibilities include helping develop new features and maintaining the current ones.
• Problem solving and debugging. Help propose and implement solutions to problems with user experience, bugs, editorial needs, programmatic goals, etc.
• Partner coordination and management – Ensure strong, functioning partnerships with key outside vendors (SMS, email blast, gamification, servers, etc.) – to ensure seamless backend connections and data capture.
• Database execution and maintenance – Help set up a CRM solution in partnership with web firm and outside data architects
• Team coordination – work with graphic, content, social and program leads to ensure the site meets collective needs and remains true to user needs and experience
Key Competencies and Prior Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• Writing web applications in maintainable and robust object oriented code
• Working in Agile/Scrum, Kanban.
• Ruby / Rails
• Focus on testing and quality
• Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Not required but appreciated… experience with fraud mitigation, real-time messaging and analytics benchmarking.
And ideally you…
• Are a geek about lightweight software processes
• Contribute to OSS projects
• Use distributed version control (git)
• Are comfortable in *nix environments (OS X / Linux)