|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
In support of the Avalara SaaS suite of services the Network Engineer will be a member of the team responsible for supporting the network infrastructure for all Avalara hosted data in a 24x7 SaaS environment where SLAs are very important and tracked closely. The Network Engineer will coordinate with Avalara business owners to ensure that the appropriate hosting objectives are being met. As the SaaS service offerings are located in co-location facilities, the Network Engineer will be an Avalara liaison with the co-location solution providers for all technical matters associated with operating the Avalara SaaS suite of services.
This position is located in either our Tukwila, WA office OR our Seattle, WA office.
• Design, deploy and maintain the Avalara network infrastructure to include routers, switches, firewalls and other network devices.
• Reviewing existing processes and recommending changes or instituting new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning.
• Participate in application customization discussions and technical implementations as it pertains to network engineering.
• Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
• Provide documentation, training and technical escalation applicable for day-to-day administration and change requests for network configuration.
• Document maintenance activities, failure analysis results, incident reports, penetration analysis, audit results and activities related to management of small-scale projects.
• Provide technical escalation and be on call via pager during designated periods.
• The Network Engineer will support the Corporate IT staff in the maintenance of its network infrastructure that is located in the co-location facilities and 8+ office locations.
• Working with engineering on release management and testing within a SaaS environment.
• Diagnosing, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors which may require interaction with vendors to resolve problems.
1. 7-10 years experience designing, deploying and maintaining of enterprise network environments.
2. 5+ years experience with F5 BigIP load balancers.
3. 5+ years experience with dynamic routing protocols such as BGP.
4. 3+ years in a SaaS production environment.
5. Experience with Cisco and Juniper mixed environments.
6. Experience with external monitoring tools such as Webmetrics or Keynote.
7. Experience with internal monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zenoss, etc.
8. Experience in cable management techniques.
9. Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN and MPLS transport and commonly used access technologies such as DS1/T1 and Metro Ethernet.
10. Experience in VoIP troubleshooting, implementation and monitoring.
11. Strong understanding of the TCP protocol.
12. Experience with enterprise 802.11 wireless networking
1. Experience with F5 BigIP Application Security Manager
2. Experience with automated penetration testing suites such as WhiteHat.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.