|Company Name||Revelation Inc. (view profile)|
At Revelation, we are casual and open, literally and figuratively, while still working with an urgency to accomplish what we have set to accomplish. Our company battle cry is: Create Delight, Mastery and Think Forward. We want our clientele to have an awesome experience using our software, and we want to have a good time developing the software. We want to always strive to master our domain and always be thinking towards the future and how we can improve and exceed our expectations. We are very serious about our coffee; it even has its own budget line. We have a cute company dog. It would not be unusual on Friday to see people all gussied up for Fancy Friday and imbibing in a cold brewsky at 4:30, while vinyl 80’s music spins on the turntable. Does this sound like a place that you could get your arms around? Then we want to hear from you. Be the great addition to our rapidly expanding team!
We are open to full-time or contract to hire. Our ideal candidate has experience developing Android apps, and is willing to learn iOS development.
The Mobile Developer will maintain our Android software application and development infrastructure to meet user and business needs. This position works closely with the product design team and other developers to drive the development process and meet project deadlines. In addition, the Mobile Developer works with the technical support team addressing mobile app bugs and implement fixes as necessary, conducts system-wide tests and monitors system performance to ensure that software is operating optimally. The Mobile Developer has ownership of the mobile apps. This position reports to the COO and is located at the headquarters of Revelation, Inc. in downtown Portland Oregon.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Maintain and add new features to existing apps
• White label apps for clients
• Manage deployment and submission to the App Store and Google Play
• Work with product team to translate user stories into stable, performant code
• Assist in the architecting and maintaining of internal development infrastructure and tools
• Help manage app releases to ensure new code is deployed smoothly
• Work closely with lead of development to create and execute acceptance tests
• Lead efforts to drive down technical debt, updating the libraries, refactoring code as necessary
• Support Client Service teams as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Skill Requirements:
• Experience programming production applications
• Android experience required and knowledge or some experience of iOS is preferred
• Experience with MVC frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django desired
• Experience using internal and 3rd party JSON APIs
• Experience with version control software with a preference to Git
• Work well in a fast paced team environment
• Enthusiastic, adaptable and always think outside the box to achieve our vision
• Strong willingness and eagerness to learn and grow
• Must be highly analytical and knowledgeable about the latest trends in the industry, and constantly improving technical skills
• Must be able to understand and analyze abstract data when designing software programs
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software
• Self-motivated, independent, reliable, detail oriented and great time management skills
• Passionate about building high-quality software
Please send your resume and links to some of your work(s) to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you!