|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As the head of the Tier-4 Investigations team in the Product Troubleshooting group, you will be responsible for leading the investigation of Tier-4 customer issues as we expand to support our rapidly growing worldwide customer base. You will utilize your experience to mentor and build an engineering team that works closely with Technical Support, Sustaining Engineering and Product Development to troubleshoot and diagnose complex customer issues, with a focus on minimizing customer disruption and maximizing customer satisfaction while effectively pinpointing the root cause of the underlying issue.
If you are the ideal candidate you have experience in leading engineering teams that support both shrink wrapped products and mission critical systems in high tech companies, preferably ones that pride themselves on building great products and delighting customers. You also have a track record of building relationships, working closely with cross functional teams, and are an experienced recruiter, a talent that will come in handy as your team grows at an astounding rate along with the company and its customer base.
You absolutely love solving problems and always looks for ways to improve processes, tools, and communications. In addition, you have a special fondness for things that are simple, elegant and effective. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Experience leading and growing teams that provide engineering support of rapidly growing international customer bases with 24x7 and enterprise level needs.
• Demonstrated passion for delighting customers and seeing your work make a significant difference for customers, team members and the company as a whole.
• Proven ability to create or adopt new models that maximize the effectiveness of your team and the teams you work with in a fast growing and dynamic organization.
• Ability to prioritize projects and efforts to align customer and business needs.
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across organizations without building walls or silos – collaboration and effective working relationships are an important part of our environment.
• Ability to attract and develop engineers with all levels of experience who are both incredibly smart and incredibly nice to work with.
• Experience identifying and developing leaders from within the team as well as developing challenging and rewarding career paths for team members.
Who you are…
• Experienced. A minimum of 10-15 years experience leading engineering and/or tier-4 support teams.
• Leader. Experience leading and growing tier-4 support teams for engineering support of rapidly growing international customer bases with 24x7 and enterprise level needs.
• Relentlessly High Standards. Demonstrated passion for delighting customers and seeing your work make a significant difference for customers, team members and the company as a whole.
• Performer. Proven ability to assess and make changes that maximize effectiveness in a simple, predictable, and logical manner.
• Strong Communication Skills. Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are achieved.
• Educated. MSCS or equivalent experience.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
To learn more about Tableau’s mission, please visit: http://mission.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.