|Company Name||Scripps Networks|
Reporting to the Director, Front End Engineering this specific role is primarily responsible for providing FEE management representation on matrix teams that customize our CMS platform as well as build, enhance, and maintain our sites. Upcoming projects include full site redesigns and implementation of a new CMS platform.
The Manager, FEE provides front-end technical/architectural guidance as well as vendor oversight for the front-end components developed by these matrix teams. The FEE Manager collaborates on these matrix teams with back-end development, product management, project management, design, etc. In this capacity, the FEE Manager will handle FEE resourcing/hiring needs on their matrix teams. The FEE Manager will also handle escalations, performance management, and career development of the FEE resources on their matrix teams.
The Manager, FEE may also be assigned leadership of specific strategic initiatives across all matrix teams, such as Page Performance Management or Third Party Dependency Management. This would include building both a strategic and tactical plan for these areas as well as evangelizing, influencing, and leading the implementation across all teams.
In addition, the Manager, FEE will collaborate with other members of the larger FEE Management Team to ensure Front End architectural standards, best practices, knowledge sharing, and collaboration are maintained across all Matrix teams.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Expertise creating highly scalable and fast performing web sites built using enterprise scale CMS systems.
- Expertise coaching front-end developers in standards compliant, cross browser, and cross platform website and application development.
- Expert organization and time management skills.
- Expert oral and written communication skills.
- Expert Interpersonal skills.
- Experience with business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership technique and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of digital media & web site production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of database systems including MySQL and Oracle.
- Ability to plan, execute and evaluate prototypes.
- Critical thinking and logical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and geographically diverse environment.
- Ability to manage people and processes, including vendors and contractors.
- Ability to work under time constraints or to a deadline.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in a directly related field or equivalent experience and 8 years experience architecting and implementing mission critical web solutions that are scalable, extensible and maintainable, with 3-5 years in a technical management capacity. Requires experience in launching interactive web sites/applications as a key member of a development team.