Here’s what “Business Travel Executive” recently said about us.
“Now Yapta has released a corporate version of this technology, called FareIQ (getfareiq.com). For the consumer traveler, one refund a year would seem like a huge win “against the system,” but for corporations with significant itinerary volumes, the opportunity to get a fare refund becomes a statistical probability that they can now take advantage of.”
We’re passionate about creating an environment for our team to contribute to our vision and love what they do. Just a few great things about working at Yapta:
• We’ve “been there and done that” in terms of formulating our strategy. And we’re a strong and focused team executing against that strategy.
• We have a new CEO, a veteran from the travel space, who’s bringing forth great ideas that will launch us quickly to success!
• Customers (and our customers’ customers) are always top of mind.
• We offer a collaborative culture and work-life balance.
• We work in a casual environment located in Pioneer Square.
Lead Software Engineer
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of the company's products and services. This includes setting the technical direction in partnership with the management team, leading the engineering effort by designing, implementing and shipping high quality software and services, collaborating with other team members, including PMs, engineers, operations and the management team, managing a team of engineers, helping recruit high quality engineering and technical talent and serving as a strong advocate for the company's technical vision. Leadership through example will be the cornerstone of this role; this role is one part technical leadership, one part software engineering, and one part engineering mentorship.
Role and Responsibilities
• Design/architect Yapta's major systems and application software solutions utilizing current and emerging platforms and technologies.
• Be Yapta's technical expert for all major systems , applications and projects that have a central impact on Yapta's business and product roadmap.
• Provide technical leadership in evaluating, understanding and integrating various 3rd party software solutions, including GDS platforms, mid-office systems, off-the-shelf reporting solutions etc.
• Responsible for software architecture leadership, including assessment of current limitations and issues, proposing new approaches and methodologies, and driving development/implementation of the aforementioned solutions with the Yapta engineering team.
• Prepare technical requirements, software design specifications and other forms of architectural documentation for all of Yapta's major systems and applications.
• Provide technical mentorship for Yapta engineers.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 7+ years of software engineering experience, with a proven track record of delivering large-scale projects.
• Solid knowledge of emerging platforms and technologies, operating system principles and programming best practices.
• Experience with networking, multi-threaded applications, interprocess communication, and complex software development.
•Experience assessing, scaling and improving performance of high volume systems and applications.
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
• Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills; technical, project and personnel.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.