|Company Name||Hark (view profile)|
Hark (hark.com) is changing the way people express themselves through creating, sharing and listening to entertaining, informative and timely sound bites online and through mobile devices. We're serving up almost 100 million sound clips every month to tens of millions of people across the world. We're profitable and growing traffic 600% year over year! Our Seattle team numbers around 15 ambitious, creative, and fun folks, half of which are engineers.
Founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar, Hark.com is ranked as the largest independent entertainment site on the Internet (comScore, 2012), making it an attractive platform for advertisers.
Join us in our new downtown Seattle office where we maintain a fun and collaborative work environment.
The Lead Media Engineer works with incoming partners for all of our licensed media (audio, images, meta data) for publishing on the Hark.com website and forthcoming mobile applications. We rip media from optical disks, sync with remote FTP and HTTP servers, work with RESTful APIs, and yes, sometimes we get hundreds of DVDs and huge disk drives filled with media from our content partners.
Our Lead Media Engineer will work with a huge variety of source media and build automated systems to get this media into our Hark.com media library, build tools for internal content managers, and interfaces for crowd sourced media cataloging. The Lead Media engineer will own the technical systems used by 40+ internal metadata wrangling contractors, as well as building beautiful web ready interfaces for our public facing properties.
- 5+ years of Python, Java, Ruby, PHP or another object oriented language
- Experience with FFmpeg, mencoder, or other command line / programmable transcoding library
- Experience with codecs of all varieties (RealAudio to Windows Audio to modern MP4/H264/H265)
- Experience with designing and building parallel systems
- 2+ Experience building and consuming in an SOA architecture (RESTful)
- 5+ Experience with HTML/CSS/JS (jQuery)
- Not afraid of learning/exploring new technologies
- Great communication skills and epic enthusiasm
- Real-time capture hardware (cable, OTA) and software (internet audio capture)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails … If you're a great hacker who has always wanted to dig deeper into Ruby/Rails, we want to talk to you.
- You love movies, quotes, and finding the worst music the internet has to offer, as much as we do.
- A link and/or screenshot to a few things you've recently built that you're proud of (please describe your contribution if it was a team effort).
- A list of things that you're really good at.
- Great references!
- Links to your online bits (LinkedIn, Blog, Twitter account, or anything else where we can learn more about you).
- Some suggestions on ways that we could improve hark.com (that would positively impact user experience and revenue).
Bonus Extra Credit Stage:
Please apply directly at: http://bit.ly/XNzPbb or www.hark.com
Along with your resume or linkedin profile, please also include the following:
No recruiters and no telecommuting.
We look forward to hearing from you!