|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
All of Avalara’s businesses come together in the Administration Console. Your job is help Avalara’s slogan of “Making sales tax less taxing” come true for our thousands of customers by building well structured rich-client applications. So don’t settle for being a tiny cog in a big machine or waiting for customers to arrive – you can have all the benefits of a startup and an immediate impact on real customers at Avalara.
Experience and Skills:
1. A minimum of 7 years related work experience or equivalent education
3. Experience with jQuery
5. Experience with JSON, REST
6. Experience with working with and creating APIs
7. Working knowledge of Git
8. Writes well-abstracted, scalable and reusable code
9. Ability to test and debug your code and code of others, with an eye on performance
10. Ability to work in high-traffic environments, multi-server websites, and cloud-deployed applications
11. Experience with code optimization and caching
12. Experience with load-balanced architectures
13. Can read, understand and modify code written by others
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.