|Company Name||The Glosten Associates (view profile)|
Focuses on meeting the IT-related business needs throughout the company through strategic planning, hardware implementations, and software deployments utilizing both newer and older technologies (Cloud - IaaS, STaaS, SaaS, etc. - Virtualization, Clustered Shared Volumes, and WAN Optimization). Expected to be both strategically focused and technically capable.
• Assist in determining business strategies and how IT will support the efforts to implement and support needed solutions.
• Develop and present the annual IT Plan and budget.
• Manage IT personnel and annual budget.
• Establish technical standards, methods, and priorities.
• Define architecture and manage a network of 100+ workstations and 50+ servers.
• Troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day end-user network, hardware, operating system, and software issues.
• Provide user training/guidance for local and remote network access, email, and internet systems.
• Present new technologies and ideas to associates in company-wide meetings
• Work closely with vendors to procure hardware and software and help accounting department to manage the process as well as the assets involved.
• Provide support through the IT team on a 24/7/365 to resolve technical issues.
Education and Training
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other IT-related field
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – preferred
• Project Management Professional - preferred
• 5 years in IT management
• 2 years network design and support for similar-sized office network environments (50 to 250 users)
• Support of Windows operating systems and applications
• Technical experience with:
- Virtualization (Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Microsoft Clustering Technologies
- iSCSI - SAN & NAS Connectivity
- VLAN Networking
- Multiple Internet Gateway Routing and VOIP Phone integration
- Microsoft technologies (Exchange, Sharepoint, Server, AD/DC)
• Strong troubleshooting aptitude.
Other Experience Desired but not Required
• Microsoft domain environment support and/or administration.
• Network systems support in a professional services organization (particularly in engineering, and/or architecture) with diverse user experience levels and computing needs.
• Technical experience with:
- Additional Microsoft Technologies (Lync, Office 365, Systems Center, Azure, SQL)
- Dell Hardware (Compellent, Blades, Servers, Workstations, Laptops, Switches, etc.)
- Cloud technologies (IaaS, STaaS, Saas, PaaS - Particularly with Dell)
- HPC support (Compute clusters, Amazon Web Services)
- Mobile Device (BYOD) support
• Hardware Build-up, Testing, and Development of prototype engineering systems
• Programming and database development (Microsoft Access, HTML, Java, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills, a solid technical aptitude, and be able to effectively communicate with senior management, the IT team, and the user community.
• Have an excellent, helpful attitude and respect for the user community.
• Enjoy working in a team environment and be able to work independently.
• Be able to complete multiple concurrent tasks and effectively define priorities.
• Maintain a flexible, supportive atmosphere and cope well with periodically stressful situations.
• Anticipate and respond to issues without continual oversight and direction.
• Have excellent technical aptitude as well as solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Be able to work on a flexible schedule (limited nights / weekends) to support system maintenance and upgrades with minimal impact to office operations.
Compensation and Benefits
Glosten offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including generous insurance coverage, paid time off, 401(k) plan, and profit sharing.
Due to project restrictions, applicants must have unrestricted access to work in the United States.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and voluntary identification form to [email protected] for review.
Please visit our website (www.glosten.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at Glosten.
Glosten is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Glosten does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage, females, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.