Strong candidates will be innovative, knowledgeable and highly productive software engineers with a track record of successful software/service development projects and high-quality deliverables. They will be great team players with good interpersonal skills. They will be expected to take direct ownership for developing service features and seeing them through from design to deployment, including guiding the work of other developers on the team. They will be expected to engage with and contribute to the OpenStack community.
- Software design and development through the complete software lifecycle
- Own design, development, unit-tests, deployment, maintenance, and documentation of software to provide database services to cloud-based applications.
- Active participation in the OpenStack open source community in order to contribute to the evolution of OpenStack and to engage in discussions, designs, code, reviews, tests, and in creating documentation and other relevant artifacts
- Participate in design and implementation of automated deployments of Database as a Service software
- Participation in providing team-wide 24x7 on-call service support, providing an escalation path for database service issues that cannot be resolved by first and second line support
- Troubleshoot and fix issues reported by QA, customers, and business partners.
- Must be a generalist comfortable with all aspects of software development of web services at massive scale
- 5+ Years of software development experience
- Strong programming ability in at least 2 of the following languages on Linux-based platforms:
- Python, Java, C/C++, Bash
- Highly knowledgeable of at least 2 of the following and general knowledge of many others:
- SQL: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, AWS RDS
- Queuing: RabbitMQ, Gearman
- Caches: Memcached, Redis
- Experience with Python, OpenStack, OpenSource, OpenNebula and/or similar Cloud infrastructure platform is highly desirable.
- Experience building highly-scalable, highly-available distributed software systems
- Direct experience administering Linux and configuration management frameworks like Chef or Puppet is a plus
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking technologies, and storage solutions is a plus
- Hands on experience with at least one of the following cloud services highly desirable: AWS, Azure, Rackspace.
- Have used a range of open-source technologies and a plus if you have been a contributor to an open source project.
What we offer
- Downtown Seattle offices, walking distance to major attractions and all public transportation
- Occasional Free Lunches!
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack area
Apply by submitting your resume to [email protected]. Feel free to provide pointers to code/OSS projects you’ve worked on.