We (Zapd.com) are getting ready for another big launch of a major version and are looking for a front-end web developer. We're an experienced team of entrepreneurs, investors and product geeks who have been kicking around Seattle doing this for some time. Zapd is one of the companies we have incubated here at Curious Office and it has been funded by Madrona and a host of angel investors you know and love. And now its time to add to the team. Specifically, a full stack website development experience and leadership aspirations. The Web App Tech Lead will own all technical aspects of one of the 3 tiers of the Zapd.com product suite. They will work with design to implement themes and theme families, own and maintain the corporate site, achieve and maintain feature parity with the Zapd mobile app, and help invent new features and functionality. We are a small and agile startup team with very little process overhead and a very flat organizational hierarchy. Zapd let's you make beautiful websites from your phone in 60 seconds and has been featured as App of the Week in the Apple store.
- Deriving an efficient process for standardizing website theme and theme family generation and implementation
- Working with the Platform and Mobile App teams to evolve and implement new features on the website
- Cross browser compatibility and responsiveness
- Website fit and finish, polishing, and generally making the web experience fun and lively.
- strong passion for product and user experience and the flexibility to work with rapidly changing requirements
- an eye for exactness and detail
- A fantastic office (stocked with food and drinks, of course) filled with lots of great, smart people in the coolest part of Capitol Hill
- Bring your own ideas to the table to help redefine an old, legacy concept of what it means to "make a website"
- Work along side proven entrepreneurs on a product with a huge market backed by some of the best investors in Seattle
- Use the latest generation of technologies (Heroku, Coffeescript, Rails, HTML 5) to make adaptive, responsive bits of goodness
Reply to [email protected] If possible, please send a link to a project or website or application you've worked on.