|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As the Director of the Tier-4 Engineering team, you will be responsible for leading Tier-4 support activities as we expand to support our rapidly growing worldwide customer base. You will utilize your experience to build an organization that works closely with Technical Support, Sustaining Engineering and Product Development to troubleshoot and diagnose complex customer issues, with a focus on minimizing customer disruption and maximizing customer satisfaction while effectively pinpointing the root cause of the underlying issue.
If you are the ideal candidate you have experience in leading engineering teams that support both shrink wrapped products and mission critical systems in high tech companies, preferably ones that pride themselves on building great products and delighting customers. You also have a track record of building relationships, working closely with cross functional teams, and are an experienced recruiter, a talent that will come in handy as your team grows at an astounding rate along with the company and its customer base.
You absolutely love solving problems and always look for ways to improve processes, tools, and communications. In addition, you have a special fondness for things that are simple, elegant and effective. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Analyze support cases that are likely to be a product bug or are otherwise in need of engineering assistance to identify knowledge gaps and possible root causes.
• Facilitate Sustaining Engineering’s ability to rapidly understand and debug product code defects by verifying repro steps, proposing and ruling out likely hypotheses, summarizing known state of problem and investigation paths, and confirming the problem as reported is a product bug as opposed to a configuration or design issue.
• Provide 24x7 on-call engineering support for critical customer issues, as needed. Working to ensure the information available to the Technical Support team minimizes the number of times they will need to call your team on the 24x7 hotline.
• Build internal knowledge to reduce time and effort needed to understand and troubleshoot future issues.
• Recruit and train a high performance team delivering world-class tier-4 engineering support.
• Develop and mentor a technical leadership and management team to scale the organization globally and provide challenging career opportunities for employees.
Who you are…
• Experienced. 10 or more years of experience leading engineering and/or support teams. Experience with global operations of a tier-4 support organization in a high tech company.
• Leader. Experience leading and growing tier-4 support teams for engineering support of rapidly growing international customer bases with 24x7 and enterprise level needs.
• Relentlessly High Standards. Demonstrated passion for delighting customers and seeing your work make a significant difference for customers, team members and the company as a whole.
• Performer. Proven ability to create or adopt new models that maximize the effectiveness of your team and the teams you work with in a fast growing and dynamic organization.
• Strong Communication Skills. Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are achieved.
• Educated. MSCS or equivalent experience.
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.