|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
As our Director of Product Testing, you will provide strategic and operational direction for testing and validation of the entire suite of visual analytics products. You should have a track record for building collaborative and high-performing teams with a strong sense of ownership. You should know how to direct and grow teams of strong, effective QA and Test Engineers and you should be excited by the challenge of operating at the fast pace dictated by a high growth software company. You will be expected to collaborate with your peers on strategic plans as well as make tactical decisions to guarantee quality. You will apply your past experience with all aspects of software testing to ensure multiple parallel testing efforts are coordinated in a highly collaborative, efficient and effective manner. You should be inspired and excited by the challenge of developing an innovative approach to testing that supports both packaged and SaaS products shipped at high frequency with high quality expectations and tight deadlines. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Provide strategic vision and leadership for the testing and validation for entire product suite.
• Drive execution of the quality strategy across all teams within Tableau including collaboration with Product Development and Operations.
• Work closely with Product Development and Sustaining Engineering to resolve product issues and determine the best testing strategies for the disparate needs of packaged and hosted software.
• Assign and balance areas of ownership, ensure managers have clear priorities and adequate resources to execute to a high-level.
• Provide executive level reporting of test strategies, product quality, risks, and schedule.
• Continued growth of a world-class test team, recruiting new members and ensuring the teams have the necessary resources and opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team managers and other team members as appropriate.
• Create and foster an environment conducive to collaboration, innovation, simplicity, high productivity, and high quality.
Who you are…
• Experienced. 7-10+ years of people management experience with 20+ engineers engaged in white box and black box testing, including Director-level experience. Also experienced in leading and building Test Engineering and Quality Assurance teams in a fast-paced environment with multiple releases per quarter.
• Results-oriented. Possessing a strong results orientation, a demonstrated ability to deliver against his/her strategy within challenging timeframes. Driving results within a matrixed, highly parallel environment.
• Technically Savvy. Strong technical skills across various technologies (Java, Data Integration, Data Warehouse etc.) & business acumen.
• A True Team Player. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
• Builder. Experience recruiting and developing talent, specifically test or engineering teams within a software or Internet services development environment known for best-in-class products and services.
• Data Rock Star. An understanding of the value of data and ability to use data visualization techniques in understanding work flow and problem solving a definite plus.
• Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
Bachelor's Degree in CS or EE or equivalent experience
To learn more about Tableau’s culture and apply, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.