|Company Name||Apptio Inc (view profile)|
At Apptio we are focused on changing the world by making every IT organization that we work with into a more efficient and cost-effective service provider to the business. Apptio's Technology Business Management (TBM) SaaS platform provides revolutionary automation in transparency, planning and performance management required for IT to run like a business. From the founding of the company we set out to disrupt the existing enterprise software market by designing purpose-built, on-demand applications capable of managing the cost, quality and value of IT services.
Today, Apptio is on track to become the fastest growing company in the history of enterprise software. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Bank of America, Boeing, Cisco, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, Microsoft, St. Luke's Health System, and Swiss Re rely on Apptio to reduce costs and align IT with business priorities. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Madrona Ventures, Shasta Ventures, Apptio is building the next major enterprise software category. Come join our team!
The Director of Strategic Marketing will develop and evangelize applied business-centric, thought-leadership content aimed at our target consumers and market opinion leaders. This individual will interact with all levels of the organization and marketplace and will have a significant external role in our fast-growing Bellevue-based software company.
As a Director, he/she will be expected to be an expert in our subject matter in order to convey credibility with our customer base. The successful candidate must have the experience and confidence to present aggressive thought leadership strategies to executive management as well as the desire to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to successfully execute on the strategy.
Thought Leadership Content
• Influence and collaborate on Apptio’s corporate strategy, go-to-market and category creation strategy.
• Develop content required to educate and create urgency within the market, including problem statements, business requirements, social proof, emerging innovation, customer stories and in-house knowledge.
• Work alongside Product Marketing and Product Management to attune and repackage product content and methodologies for strategic marketing initiatives.
• Modify thought leadership content into tools for pipeline generation, improving sales-cycle velocity, and creating credibility executive meetings in named accounts.
• Serve as principle subject matter expert in meetings with C-level executives and IT Leaders.
• Publicly evangelize to our core audience as a lead subject matter expert promoting Apptio’s strategic point of view.
• Provide Apptio a visible and credible voice within relevant social media channels.
• Demonstrated long-term ability (and passion) for creating market categories in emerging B2B software markets.
• Demonstrated ability to create differentiated and compelling persona-based messaging and positioning.
• Experience in converting written content into conceptual visuals and other rich media.
• Possess core subject matter competency and credibility in Apptio’s markets, especially financial and cost accounting, IT financial management, Cloud computing and ITIL.
• Possess excellence in communication skills in written and verbal correspondence.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (Sales, Customer Success, and Product Management).
• Good listener with ability to develop in-depth understanding of each partner’s business objectives.
• Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and drive.
• Proven self-starter, comfortable working in a very independent manner
• Possess excellent presentation, problem solving, and time management skills.
• Technical or business undergraduate degree required. MBA preferred.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the IT professional certifications surrounding Apptio’s financial end-user customers (i.e., ITIL Foundations, AICPA).
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this position, please visit http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH18/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=APPTIO&cws=1&rid=198