|Company Name||Hark (view profile)|
Hark is looking to hire a VP of Product - Mobile to help lead and drive some of the coolest projects in the Seattle start-up landscape, while helping Hark drive to and establish future mobile offerings.
Hark.com is the world’s largest platform for sound bites, where anyone can discover, create, play and share their favorite audio moments anywhere on any device through digital embedding, or via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar, Hark.com is ranked as the largest independent entertainment site on the Internet (comScore, 2012), making it an attractive platform for advertisers.
Join us in our downtown Seattle office just steps from the heart of Capitol Hill, where we maintain an easy going and collaborative work environment.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Director of Product will report to the CEO.
• You will be a part of the leadership team to establish and articulate a vision for the product, and create a roadmap of projects for developing the product from the current state into the vision;
• Work with site editors to determine the content strategy and presentation requirements. Understand content flow within the system and help develop creative ways to showcase and organize content;
• You will own the end-to-end product development lifecycle from planning to development and through launch, including writing specs and day-to-day project management.
• You will identify and prioritize requirements from stakeholders, both internal and external, including communicating with users to identify their needs, attitudes and behaviors;
• You will perform necessary analysis and assessment, including usability and multi-variate tests;
• You will influence the direction of the product because we are a company that embraces Lean Startup principles of iterative development based on a build-measure-learn model achieving product-market fit.
• 10+ years working on consumer facing web sites
• 8+ years as a product or program manager working on the UX/UI of a high-volume consumer-facing web sites
• Must have shipped mobile products to thousands of consumers
• Experience in a small, highly-dynamic web startup environments
• Experience with online media and/or user-generated content
• Experience with Agile development practices
• Experience leading web or software development projects
• A very high degree of intellectual curiosity. We’re inventing as we go along. We need people who constantly think about changing the world to be a better place and have the ambition to do it.
• Love movies, TV shows, and pop culture sound bites!
A Bachelors degree in a related field
In addition to a very competitive salary (based on your experience), we also offer:
• Generous stock option plan
• Quarterly profit sharing
• Full health care (including dental and vision)
• Travel to conferences and events