|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
Do you like Technology? Do you like to help others leverage Technology? Do you like to evangelize cutting edge capabilities and tools? Do like working with APIs being used for millions of daily transactions across thousands of users? Avalara is seeking an experienced technology leader to innovate and drive a world-class developer program aimed at Customers and Partners of our award-winning sales and use tax automation solutions. The leader will own the entire experience of delivering services from our developer.avalara.com content and community to our premium one-on-one services, such as our solution certification program.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about building community and developer support programs, requiring a combination of technical and social saavy. The candidate will have prior experience running developer support programs or in another technical evangelist role. A hands-on approach will be vital for the success in this role.
• Recruit and mentor a world-class developer support team
• Responsible for developer programs delivered via http://developer.avalara.com and our premium one-one-one based services target both the customer and partner developer community.
• Own developer documentation, best practices, code examples and training
• Provide world-class customer support on forums, email, social networks and wherever else technical questions arise
• Provide critical support to business and partner development activities including developer evangelism at conferences, tradeshows and webinars
• Work closely with Product Management and Engineering in defining our API and SDK Road-Map
1. You are passionate about helping developers build great software and are hands-on individual
2. You are a strong communicator, both oral and written, to business and technical users; you love to write about technology and share our thoughts and ideas
3. You have experience in developer relations or support for a SaaS business, or as a web developer, technical evangelist or technical product management serving customers and partners
4. You keep up with recent trends and have deep experience in integrating or customizing software utilizing Web Services and REST
5. You have experience building community and building programs to serve the community (developer or other technical community) a PLUS
6. You have experience in multiple languages such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
7. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills
8. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a developer relations or support role or previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist or technical product manager
9. Equivalent consulting experience with customer(s) architecting and developing customizations, 3rd party integrations or web services development will be considered.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.