|Company Name||Tableau Software (view profile)|
Tableau’s culture is casual yet high energy. We are passionate about our product and loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you’ll be doing…
The Business Systems team fosters a supportive and productive work environment and values engineering quality, technical excellence, innovation, consistency, determination and broad capacity. Data is at the heart of all businesses and of critical importance to our growing enterprise. We are currently looking for a talented, highly-motivated Database Developer who can help propel our business by designing and delivering high quality solutions through full product lifecycle, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, deployment and operational support. Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
• Rolling up your sleeves to design, implement and support solutions with an eye towards performance, scalability, ease of maintenance and quality
• Participating in implementing and helping to define our data strategy; understanding source and target objects to effectively design and implement data integration projects/systems
• Implementing best practices for data acquisition, data retention, etc.; tune databases and processes for optimal performance, ensuring high levels of data integrity and availability
• Performing source to target data mapping
• Designing, reviewing, implementing and optimizing data management processes
Who you are…
• Domain. You have experience working with large, highly-available, high-transaction and/or federated databases. You are familiar with master data management, data quality, data stewardship and the full enterprise data lifecycle. You have expert SQL knowledge.
• Highly Technical. You are experienced in a number of data platforms required: SQL Server, PostgreSQL and/or MySql strongly preferred; experience with cloud-based, column-oriented and/or federated databases a plus.
• Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
• Experienced. You have proven ability to design, implement, tune, optimize and monitor mission-critical systems including a rich understanding of hardware and alternatives and configuration best practices
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=TABLEAU&cws=1&rid=1262
To learn more about Tableau’s culture, please visit: http://careers.tableausoftware.com
Tableau Software is an equal opportunity employer.