|Company Name||Avalara (view profile)|
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
This position is on the Avalara Internal Systems team, developing and supporting Avalara’s business analytics and decision support functions. We are seeking a Data Services Architect who will help us evolve strategy and implementation of company’s data analysis and decisions support systems. The individual will provide architectural guidance and contribute to the implementation of all aspects of a large-scale data storage and processing system including information modeling, statistical analysis, advanced visualization, data governance and business intelligence reporting.
The Data Services Architect will be part of a team that is responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence and analytic services to the entire organization. Candidates must be experienced in the management, analysis and reporting of critical enterprise data. They will be expected to architect and develop key components and functionality including:
• Creating star schema and denormalized data models for real-time “big data” analysis
• Creating traditional normalized relational models
• Creating and supporting statistical reporting via custom and off-shelf tools
• Determining needs and validating results with business representatives
• Supporting implemented information solutions by: addressing user questions concerning data integrity, and communicating functional and technical issues
• Creating and maintaining import processes from heterogeneous data sources
1. B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or related field with at least 8 years overall experience.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of overall experience in the management and development of technologies related to data modeling, large-scale database design and advanced analytics reporting
3. 3+ years of experience in the design, development, and support of a mission-critical large-scale data storage and processing service
4. Proficient in 1 or more non-proprietary programming languages (e.g. Ruby)
5. Experience with non-traditional data stores (e.g. NoSQL) is a big plus
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.